Title: Communications Associate
Reports to: CVNM & CVNM Education Fund Communications Director
Conservation Voters New Mexico and our sister organization CVNM Education Fund are statewide nonprofit environmental organizations that believe protecting our environment begins with the people of New Mexico. The vision of CVNM & CVNM Education Fund is for New Mexicans to thrive in just, resilient communities where our conservation and cultural values guide our decision-makers and public policies. Our mission is to connect the people of New Mexico to their political power to protect our air, land, and water for a healthy Land of Enchantment. We do this by mobilizing voters, winning elections, holding elected officials accountable and advancing responsible public policies.
We are seeking a full-time Communications Associate to join our Santa Fe-based team.
The role will be responsible for coordinating and implementing our strategic online mobilization program to engage organizational supporters in the political and policy making arenas on behalf of the environment. We are looking for a creative, ambitious, self-motivated individual with excellent oral and written communications skills in both English and Spanish that thrives working both independently and in a team environment. We are seeking someone who is curious to learn how people and organizations build political power and create change and to implement those strategies and tactics in our work.
- Lead implementation of our strategic online mobilization program by planning and creating effective action alerts to members and supporters, including setting up email blasts in organizational database, aimed at motivating our supporters to take action in the political and policy arenas on environmental issues. This work will include data management practices.
- Write and produce consistent communication material for the public and organizational supporters, including videos, blog posts and email blasts
- Ability to absorb complex policy issue information and communicate about it to a broader audience
- In conjunction with the communications director, engage Spanish-language media on the work of the family of organizations
- In conjunction with the communications director, provide and coordinate messaging, messenger and spokesperson training and support for Spanish speaking community members and staff members
- Share external communications copy editing and message-maintaining responsibilities with the communications director
- Update and maintain CVNM’s social media presence and family of websites
- Track media coverage
- Work as a member of the CVNM & CVNM Education Fund collaborative team, seeking strategy and content input from relevant program and fundraising staff, on all of the above
- Balance multiple projects and deadlines and ability to shift work focus to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Background in communications or other related discipline or previous related experience in marketing or communications
- Excellent spoken and written English and Spanish communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media and online space
- Must be computer literate, including proficient in Microsoft Suite Office
- Self-motivated as a proactive member of a collaborative team, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with high quality work
- Both in-state and out-of-state travel may be required
- Some evenings and weekend work hours may be required
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive nonprofit salary, with level depending on experience; health care benefits; generous vacation and sick leave.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 23, 2018 with “Communications Associate” in the subject line. Position is open until filled. No calls please.
CVNM is an equal opportunity employer committed to racial justice and equity in the workplace.