Conservation Voters New Mexico and our sister organization CVNM Education Fund are seeking a part-time Communications Associate on a contract basis to support our teams from July or earlier through October 2017 while our Communications Director is on sabbatical. The Communications Associate will work in conjunction with a Marketing Contractor to fulfill the job responsibilities of the Communications Director during this time frame. There is potential for the contract Communications Associate position to be extended. The position is based in Santa Fe, NM.
The vision of CVNM & CVNMEF is for a New Mexico where decision-makers and public policies represent the conservation values of our people. Our mission is to connect the people of New Mexico to their political power to protect our air, land, and water for a healthy Land of Enchantment. We do this by mobilizing voters, helping candidates win elections, holding elected officials accountable, and advancing responsible public policies.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is self-motivated, has excellent oral and written communications skills and thrives working both independently and in a team environment. We are seeking someone who is curious to learn how people and organizations build political power and create change.
- Collaborate with staff to coordinate a strategic online mobilization program, planning effective action alerts to members and supporters, including setting up email blasts, aimed at engaging our supporters in our work
- Coordinate communications activities between all CVNM & CVNMEF programs, including maintaining an external communications calendar
- Serve as copy editor for all external communications materials
- Update and maintain CVNM’s social media presence and family of websites
- Track media coverage
- Collaborate with the Media Firm and staff to identify rapid-response and strategic opportunities for generating earned media
- Facilitate collaboration with key staff to craft messaging on an ad-hoc basis
- Work as a member of the CVNM & CVNMEF team, seeking strategy and content input from relevant program and fundraising staff, on all of the above
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Background in Communications or other related discipline, previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be computer literate, including proficient in Microsoft Suite Office
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Creative and flexible
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with high quality work
- Interested in politics, conservation issues, community organizing and generally a socially conscious individual
- Preference will be given to a candidate who is bilingual (both written and spoken) in English and Spanish
- Requires a minimum 4-month commitment
The position is on a contract basis for part time work from July or earlier through October 2017. The Communications Associate will report directly to the Executive Director.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and three references to Liliana Castillo, Communications Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon, Monday, May 22.